Browse Items (166 total)

APC001_02665.jpg
Mimi Ho, Class of 1955, posed seated at a patio table with her friends during the Class Day Garden Party outside of Pilgrim House.

APC001_00789.jpg
Named in honor of Jane Louise Mesick (1884-1967), the College's fourth dean (1925-1949), Mesick Hall (1961) could house 129 students. It received cosmetic upgrades in the early 2000s.

Located on the Residence Campus, Mesick Hall will be removed…

APC001_00111.jpg
Construction for the original Main College Building (MCB) was completed in September 1904. The West Wing was added in 1909, and the East Wing was added in 1929.

During the PRIDE program, renovations were carried out at the MCB from 1975-1980,…

APC001_00781.jpg
During the First Endowment Campaign (1920-1924), Simmons purchased Longwood House (1920) on Pilgrim Road, with single, double, and triple rooms. Many rooms were wedged under the eaves, necessitating creative closets and furniture arrangement.…

APC001_00026.jpg
Little Shop on Wheels, with three alumnae holding up the Simmons sign, parked in front of the Salvage Shop on Newbury Street, during the Endowment Campaign. The woman in the left-hand corner wearing a hat is Ruth Klein, Class of 1914, grandmother of…

Evans-Furnishings_1939.pdf
List of new furnishings for Evans Hall.

Peterborough-Furniture_1935.pdf
List of furniture for the Peterborough Street houses

APC001_00199.jpg
Library Science students studying in Library A.

Correspondence_Steere-W.E._1963.pdf
Letter from W.E. Steere to Dean Eleanor Clifton on the ongoing dormitory maintenance.

Correspondence_Mesick-Jane-Louise_1938.pdf
Letter from Dean Jane Louise Mesick (1925-1949) about Evans Hall.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2