Browse Items (166 total)

APC001_02485.jpg
Elizabeth Buxton, Head Resident of Sarah Mortimer Hall (1963-64) and Smith Hall (1964-66) with Renee Pocrass (Levy), Class of 1966, in a dorm room.

MSP004_050.jpg
East House was included as part of the sale when the College purchased a 60,000 sq. ft. parcel of land on Brookline Avenue, Short Street, and Bellevue Street (later renamed Pilgrim Road) for $67,500 in July 1904.

Effective July 1, 1953, the…

APC001_00001.jpg
Dorothea Guppy, Library Assistant, mending books in the Library Work Room 415.

APC001_05126.jpg
Dix Hall was completed in 1953 and was designed by the architectural firm the Austin Company. Dix Hall could house 120 students and was named after Dorothea Lynde Dix (1802-1887), a social and medical reform activist, whose will stipulated that her…

MSP003_004.jpeg
The College began leasing a house on No. 49 Cypress Street as a dormitory circa 1918. By 1924, the College was leasing an additional four houses on Cypress Street. The Cypress Street houses were closed in 1933, as the number of resident students had…

Correspondence_Clifton-Eleanor_1960.pdf
Correspondence from Dean Eleanor Clifton to students living on the Residence Campus.

Correspondence_Clifton-Eleanor_1964.pdf
Correspondence between Simmons College Dean Eleanor Clifton and Yale University Associate Dean John W. Powell about a stolen jardiniere.

MSP004_006.jpg
Corner view of West House with North Hall in the background.

APC001_00528.jpg
Construction work on Bartol Hall.

APC001_00792.jpg
The College began leasing Brookline House in 1910 as a dormitory, providing rooms for 30 students. It was demolished in 1960 to make way for the construction of Mesick Hall.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2