Browse Items (166 total)

APC001_00026.jpg
Simmons alumnae organized a Salvage Shop as part of the First Endowment Campaign and rented a house at 97 Newbury Street in March 1921.

Donated items were sold and mended on the first and second floors of the Shop (average sales were over…

Simmons alumnae organized a Salvage Shop as part of the First Endowment Campaign and rented a house at 97 Newbury Street in March 1921.

Donated items were sold and mended on the first and second floors of the Shop (average sales were over…

APC001_02932.jpg
Simmons alumnae organized a Salvage Shop as part of the First Endowment Campaign and rented a house at 97 Newbury Street in March 1921.

Donated items were sold and mended on the first and second floors of the Shop (average sales were over…

APC001_05668.jpg
The School of Management was located at 409 Commonwealth Avenue from 1980 until 2008. A new School of Management building was completed in 2009 on the Residence Campus, renamed Helen G. Drinan Hall in 2020.

som.jpg
Construction for the School of Management (SOM) building began in 2006. While the College had originally partnered with Payton Construction Corporation, they switched to the general contractor Lee Kennedy Co., Inc. in June 2007, and the architectural…

APC001_06375.jpg
First located at 9 Hamilton Place, the School was a collaborative program between Simmons and Harvard University until 1916, when Harvard withdrew its participation due to conflicting views on the role of women in social work. The School moved to 18…

APC001_05447.jpg
First located at 9 Hamilton Place, the School was a collaborative program between Simmons and Harvard University until 1916, when Harvard withdrew its participation due to conflicting views on the role of women in social work. The School moved to 18…

APC001_00622.jpg
First located at 9 Hamilton Place, the School was a collaborative program between Simmons and Harvard University until 1916, when Harvard withdrew its participation due to conflicting views on the role of women in social work. The School moved to 18…

APC001_05749.jpg
Located on the corner of Pilgrim Road and Brookline Avenue, students moved into the V-shaped Simmons Hall for the first time in Fall 1957. The interior decoration of the dorm was led by Georgia MacDonald Park, wife of President William E. Park…

APC001_05607.jpg
Pilgrim House and Longwood House were demolished in the summer of 1963 to build Smith Residence Hall, named in honor of Dr. Richard Mason Smith (1881-1981), a member of the Corporation since 1937.

Faced with a shortage of on-campus housing during…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2