Browse Items (166 total)

APC001_00642.jpg
The “old brick garage” called Brick House was renovated and furnished for use as a dorm, beginning in the 1925-1926 academic year.

Brick House was popular among students and considered one of the “most attractive” of the Simmons dormitories.…

MSP070_001.jpg
View of Brick House covered with snow. Photo caption reads: "The morning after the big storm."

Courses were moved in June 1903 to a leased building at 739 Boylston Street (Boylston Chambers), just above Exeter Street, providing laboratories for elementary chemistry and biology, the library, an assembly hall, a students’ room, and general…

APC001_08045.jpg
Simmons began using the Nos. 45 and 47 St. Botolph Street houses, located right across from Simmons Hall, as dorms in 1903.

Students who lived on St. Botolph Street frequently complained of the long journey from the Back Bay dorms to the MCB on…

APC001_05443.jpg
Simmons leased St. Botolph Hall for five years as the College’s first dormitory, located on Harcourt Street and No. 38 St. Botolph Street. The four-story St. Botolph Hall was renamed Simmons Hall shortly after the start of the lease.

The Dean's…

APC001_05443.jpg
View of the first dormitory at 38 St. Botolph Street.

The Boston Cooking School Cook Book_001.jpg
Simmons completed its acquisition of the Boston Cooking School in November 1903. The agreement with the Boston Cooking School gave the College the School's funds, use of their rooms at 372 Boylston Street, and responsibility for contracts with…

APC001_01170.jpg
Beverly Seymon and Kate Norris, both Class of 1961, looking at the Mesick Hall construction.

MSP121_009.jpg
In 1909, the College purchased a property on Bellevue Street (later renamed Pilgrim Road), which included a renovated, large frame house, Bellevue House, to serve as an additional dormitory.

A barn next to the house was part of the sale,…

APC001_03039.jpg
Bellevue House with North Hall in the background.
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-xml, rss2