Two adjoining houses on Peterborough Street were leased as dormitories in 1907, with a door cut between them. Two more houses were leased on Peterborough Street the following year, and students in these houses received a rebate on their board in…
Pilgrim House (1925) was purchased through funding from the First Endowment Campaign. It was known as the “experiment” or “practice” house for students in the Household Management course.
During the course, students were required to live in…
President William J. Holmes standing "in" a large beech tree as it is being prepared for moving prior to the construction of the Main College Building's rear patio.
In April 1945, Simmons purchased a four-story brick building at 49 Commonwealth Avenue as the new location of the Prince School of Retailing, next door to the new School of Social Work. Renovations were completed in November, and the Prince School…
In 1926, the College purchased and renovated a four-story brick house at No. 19 Allston Street, designed by the architect Charles Bulfinch, as lecture and office space for the Prince School of Store Service Education (renamed Prince School of…