Pilgrim House (1925) was purchased through funding from the First Endowment Campaign. It was known as the “experiment” or “practice” house for students in the Household Management course.
During the course, students were required to live in…
Two adjoining houses on Peterborough Street were leased as dormitories in 1907, with a door cut between them. Two more houses were leased on Peterborough Street the following year, and students in these houses received a rebate on their board in…
The Park Science Center was built in 1972 as part of Simmons’ 25-year expansion plan.
The Center became representative of the College's larger goals: a commitment to advancing careers in science for women; accommodation for enrollment increases;…
The College began construction of One Palace Road, and an accompanying underground parking lot, in 2001. The new building was, in part, driven by the pressing need to integrate the Graduate School of Social Work on the Academic Campus, which had been…
To make way for its second permanent dormitory, North Hall, the College physically moved Students’ House (Hastings) from No. 86 Bellevue Street to No. 4 Short Street in 1906. Construction for North Hall was completed in 1907, just before the lease of…
Morse Hall was completed in 1953 and was designed by the architectural firm the Austin Company. Morse Hall could house 120 students and was named after Frances Rollins Morse (1850–1928), a charter member of the Corporation (1901-1922).