South Hall was completed in 1905 as the College's first permanent dormitory. Located on Brookline Avenue, it was connected to the Refectory (dining hall) by a colonnade. As South Hall closely bordered the east boundary of the property line, another…
After over a decade of student advocacy for an athletics building, construction for the Holmes Sports Center began in October 1987. Turner (East House) and Hastings (Students' House) were demolished to make way for the long-anticipated Center.
Students’ House was included as part of the sale when the College purchased a 60,000 sq. ft. parcel of land on Brookline Avenue, Short Street, and Bellevue Street (later renamed Pilgrim Road) for $67,500 in July 1904. While it was initially set aside…
West House was included as part of the sale when the College purchased a 60,000 sq. ft. parcel of land on Brookline Avenue, Short Street, and Bellevue Street (renamed Pilgrim Road in 1913) for $67,500 in July 1904.